Wednesday, July 6, 2016

COOKING PURI


Pooris are fried wheat bread, very common in Indian cuisine served for breakfast or with other meals. Making puffed up pooris are not that hard, you just need to know a few tricks and you will turn into an expert poori maker.
Honestly, I wasn’t that good in making pooris. It’s not my fault, it’s just the pooris were hesitant enough to puff up and that made me weep like a baby.
I didn’t give up that quickly, I wanted to master the art of poori making. So, I tried making it a few times and realized that I was doing a few things really wrong. When I corrected those, all the pooris I’d made started to puff up like a balloon and it looked spectacular too. Yay, I rock!
For those who want to make perfect pooris, here I am sharing a few tricks:
  • Poori dough should be a little hard (while chapati dough should be soft).
  • Rolled poori dough shouldn’t be too thin, it should be slightly thick.
  • The oil used for frying pooris must be hot. Before starting to fry, drop a small piece of dough into the oil if it comes to the top immediately the oil is hot enough.
  • The dough should be completely submerged in the oil, so there should be enough oil.
  • As soon as you drop the rolled dough into the oil, gently push and slide a slotted spoon all over the dough till it puffs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment